How to apply
Due to operational reasons the Faculty of Science and Engineering will not be running a Summer School in 2023.
Please check back at a later date for exciting new opportunities in 2024.
To apply to the United in Manchester International Summer School, you need to:
- Be 18 or over on the first day of the course.
- Be a registered undergraduate student at a tertiary institution such as a university or college. Mature students, postgraduates and recent graduates are also welcome to apply.
- Have achieved good academic grades equivalent to GPA 3.0. Please contact us if you are not sure what the equivalent grade would be for your home institution.
If English is your second language, although we don’t ask for an English language qualification, you will need to have sufficient English language proficiency (equivalent to IELTS score of 6 / Chinese CET-6).
If your English language level is lower than required we may request a sample of your written English.
The fee for attending the United in Manchester Summer School is £1,600. This includes accommodation.
Discounts are available for group bookings through institutions. Email us to discuss this further.
- International students will require a visitor visa for this summer school.
- Depending on your nationality, you might need to obtain the visitor visa before you travel to the UK or be able to apply for the visitor visa at the airport when you arrive.
- Find out more information on visas for study.